(Colors and mileage text copyright by Nike, Inc. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate without written permission).
Yesterday, when I synced my Nikeplus GPS watched I was informed that I entered the purple color range.
Nike has assigned various colors for completing different number of miles. Here is the color chart up to purple from Nike.
- Yellow: 0-49 kilometers or 0-30 miles
- Orange: 50-249 kilometers or 31-154 miles
- Green: 250-999 kilometers or 155-620 miles
- Blue: 1,000-2,499 kilometers or 621-1,552 miles
- Purple: 2,500-4,999 kilometers or 1,553-3,106 miles
So I just passed the 1,553 mile mark to enter the Purple color.
There are two more colors I can achieve, black and volt (whatever color that is).
- Black: 5,000-14,999 kilometers or 3,107-9,319 miles
- Volt: More than 15,000 kilometers or 9,320 miles
So I think I have at least 1,500+ more miles in me to reach the black color.
I just don’t know about another 8,000+ to reach the volt level.
However, I am setting a long term goal to reach the volt color.
What is your edge of long term goals?
What would you be willing to do to achieve your long term goals?
If you had to run another 8,000+ miles, would you commit to doing so?
What long term goal can you set today, even though it may look too hard or too painful to achieve?
I will keep you posted on my journey to the color “volt.”
My journey will literally be one step, one mile at a time.
What about your journey?
Out There on the Edge of Everything®…
Stephen Lesavich, PhD
Co-author of the award-winning book: The Plastic Effect: How Urban Legends Influence the Use and Misuse of Credit Cards.